Do you want to play video and music in any format? We believe VLC Media Player will be your favourite player. Download a complete, reliable and versatile media player, for free! VLC Media Player is a powerful media player, playing most of the media codecs and video formats out there, including Flash, FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, and OGG. It also plays DVDs, VCDs, and CDs.
Want more? With this program, you will be able to adjust the colors of a video, even rotate, crop, and add text as you are playing the video. If you’re just looking to convert an audio file from one format to another, VLC Media Player can do that as well. It has all your media needs covered!
- Version 2 (“Twoflower”) brings you a new interface
- Faster decoding, support for more formats and the ability to play HD and BluRay
- Handles just about any format you need to play
- Preview files you are downloading, yes!, it plays incomplete parts of video files
- Integration with video channel streaming services such as Channels.com, so you will access to channels such as ESPN, Reuters and National Geographic
VLC Media Player has great hotkey support, you could control it without touching your mouse. If you’re watching DVDs or video files through it, this is not an issue. For music, it plays more or less any file and features an equalizer and playlist creation. VLC Media Player isn’t as intuitive as iTunes as a media manager, but it’s a much more flexible player in terms of file formats. VLC Media Player is also able to convert files, and on top of all the formats and physical media it will play, many streaming protocols and TV capture cards are supported.
Moreover, it is easy to add subtitles using VLC Media Player, just add the SRT file to the folder where your video is kept, and it will automatically play with subtitles.
The interface has been improved in version 2 although it remains strictly functional. If you want to change the player’s appearance, you can download skins to completely change it. The preferences menu is comprehensive without being overwhelming, and there is extensive documentation available online.
- Rework and fixes of the Mac OS X interface
- Fix Pulseaudio initial synchronization
- Fix MKV, SWF, AIFF and subtitles demuxer crashes
- Translations updates and new Welsh translation
- DVB-S delivery system detection
- Fix audio and video track selection through libVLC
- Fix system sleep issue on Mac OS X 10.5
VLC Media Player is simply the best multi-format media player for Windows and Mac. It plays just about anything, hassle free. What more could you need?